We couldn’t be happier! Our “Every Story Matters” project is one of the 87 projects supported this year by Creative Europe!
Books do not reflect society as it is. There is an absence of inclusive books. By inclusive literature we mean books featuring a range of abilities, ages, ethnicities, genders, religions, sexual orientations and socio-economic groups. We want to stimulate the production of inclusive books and make them find their way in the professional sector, as well as to have them picked up by readers.
The partners of the project are:
- Flanders Literature/Vlaams Fonds voor de Letteren (project leader, governmental institution, Belgium)
- JAKRS (Book Agency, Slovenia)
- ANBPR (libraries network, Romania)
- Mediart International (promotes books, authors and reading, Croatia)
- Blue Dar (education through entertainment, Syria/Germany)
- ROSE stories (independent storytelling house, Holanda)
- Help me Learn (reading and providing support for children in underprivileged positions, Tunisia)
- Acesso Cultura (access to cultural participation, Portugal)
In September, we will have more information on the initiatives to be developed in Portugal. The project starts with a conference in Lisbon, in November.
List of the projects (small-scale projects)